cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shwsnyder
What's DOS?
Views: 345
Message 1 of 3

Constant audio crackles on M91p Desktop (ThinkCentre)

When playing music, every 10-15 seconds I get a crackle in the audio while connected to speakers or wearing headphone.  Sometimes it's every minute or two, but there's never a solid 10 minutes without a crackle.  It's very irritating to be in a conference call or trying to enjoy some music when the system keeps interrupting.

I have tried:

- installing all Windows Updates

- re-installing the audio driver from Lenovo's support website

- using the front audio plug instead of the back jack

- re-installing Windows

- installing a new hard drive

- swapping graphics cards

Note that I am running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition but this problem happened when Windows 8 was installed as well.  It's not a new issue, it's just that I can't stand it anymore.  Has been happening for years.

shwsnyder
What's DOS?
Views: 344
Message 2 of 3

Re: Constant audio crackles on M91p Desktop (ThinkCentre)

And just to add: the crackles vary a bit. Sometimes they just sound like audio peaking or static. Other times they sound more like a record skipping but in a digital way.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 304
Message 3 of 3

Re: Constant audio crackles on M91p Desktop (ThinkCentre)

I have not seen another thread on audio problems with the M91p (and I've owned one myself), I suspect it may be a hardware fault. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors