Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lightouse
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 1 of 4

Create Recovery Media on Dvd

Hi, have to create DVD media on a ThinkCentre A70 from Recovery partition. When i try to create media a message tell that's impossible to find "recovburncd.exe". How to restore it ? Thanks for help.

(mod edit: Updated post to say "ThinkCentre A70" since this isn't a ThinkStation model as originally stated, plus moved thread to the correct discussion board)

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 255
Message 2 of 4

Re: Create Recovery Media on Dvd

Welcome to the forum

Do you have a ThinkPad P70 by chance? There is no E70 model of ThinkStation. There are other E-series ThinkStation models but not a 70.

Was your system purchased new or used? Have you altered or deleted any partitions? Have you uninstalled any software from the preload?

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

lightouse
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for reply. Sorry, the model type is A70, i wrote wrong, my mistake. I hadn't altered the recovery partition. I tried to start recovery media creation from there, but the message i wrote before appears. Maybe someone (not me) unistalled some Lenovo software but i found Lenovo Recovery.

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 230
Message 4 of 4

Ok, it's a ThinkCentre A70. That makes sense. I moved your thread to the ThinkCentre discussion board so it's in the correct location. I personally don't have enough experience with the Lenovo recovery process to know exactly what else to check.

If you purchased the system used then the previous owner could have altered the recovery system, hence the error message. You might have to call Lenovo support in Italy and request them send you recovery media. If you're wanting to go through the recovery process and erase everything then you could try pressing the F11 key at the BIOS boot screen to see if the system can recover itself with what's still installed.

Again, I'm not an R&R expert so hopefully someone will weigh in and post other suggestions.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors