Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c3310g
Paper Tape
Views: 1,755
Message 1 of 3

DVD/CD Eject causes system to reboot

After I have used the DVD/CD to either record or read and files have been closed, when I press the eject button on the drive my computer restarts.  Also, this happens when I use the eject option in the drives properties .  When the drove has not been used for a while this doesn't happen.  Opinion ....... It appears that the drive is causing a disruption in power.  All suggestions are welcome.

Moderator Note; edited title to that of original post which was blank fro whatever reason? Original blank post deleted

Message Edited by andyP on 04-05-2008 05:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,735
Message 2 of 3

Re: DVD/CD Eject causes system to reboot

Welcome to the forum!

I've seen once a similar behaviour on another (no IBM/Lenovo) desktop computer and there it was an IDE cable problem. So you might want to check the internal cable connection of your DVD/CD, possibly swap the cable and then see if the problem still persists or not.

Message Edited by vkyr on 04-05-2008 11:50 PM

ThinkPad T60/X32/600/770 · IBM IntelliStation · 3x IBM SpaceSaver II

c3310g
Paper Tape
Views: 1,715
Message 3 of 3

Re: DVD/CD Eject causes system to reboot

4/6/08 9:43 EDST
Thanks for the response and the suggetion,.  I have made other changes to cure this problem and I will wait and see if they  have been effective.   I may have to follow your suggestion and if I do I will let you know the results.  I bought this Lenovo during the last week of Dec 2007 and I think I like it.  I have had some software problems when I installed a new AntiVirus/Firewall package.  But the problem is with the software and nothing to do with other software/hardware.  Sorry about the spelling and verbiage in my initial post.  Carl
To the moderator:  I made a mistake and created a null message.  Sorry!    Beginnerss mistake.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors