Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PacketRat
Paper Tape
Views: 605
Message 1 of 6

Deploying over 100 M900 tinys with liteon ssd drives

We are deploying over 100 M900 tinys/liteon SSD drives, Windows 10 64bit, Office 2013 32bit and are seeing a considerable amount of freezing, locking up and rebooting issues. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I have noticed a lot of bios updates in the last 2 months for this model which leads me to believe that there is a known issue.

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 568
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deploying over 100 M900 tinys with liteon ssd drives

Welcome to the forum

Given the fact that many users have had issues with Windows 10 randomly freezing, locking up or BSODing regardless of hardware, I'd be less inclined to blame the SSD itself or the system BIOS. I have a LiteOn SSD in one of my systems and have had great luck with it under both Win 7 and 10. The chances of the SSD being the ultimate cause here is slim, although I'm curious which model you have in your deployments. Mine is an LCH-256V2S.

Search Google for "Windows 10 freezes" and you'll find a lot of results. Another forum currently has a 58-page thread on this very topic. The suggestions to fix it are as numerous as the thread is long, ranging from power plan settings to driver issues.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 547
Message 3 of 6

@PacketRat wrote:

I have noticed a lot of bios updates in the last 2 months for this model which leads me to believe that there is a known issue.

The Intel 'Skylake' processor and accompanying chipset were a (finally) significant step forward in technology and performance, and the M900 includes new technologies not available in the M93.   Because of that, yes, there were and are more BIOS and driver updates, and it's critical to stay up-to-date.  

If you wish to supply me with specific model numbers, BIOS versions, graphics adapter and monitor connectivity info, display driver version and date;  I can look at those and make some suggestions.  Thx,  Al.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
PacketRat
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 4 of 6

Model: 10FM0026US

Processor: i5-6500T

Memory: 8GB

HD: Liteon LCH-128V2S

Bios: FWKT49A - Dated 5/11/2016

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530

Monitor: ViewsSonic with DisplayPort connection

Video driver: Intel driver 20.19.15.4312

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 491
Message 5 of 6

Thanks, that helps.   Are you running any other apps beside Office?   There was a Chipset driver update, posted May 15, has that been tested?   And can you tell me more about the problems you're currently having (with the version 49 BIOS.)  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 467
Message 6 of 6

Do you have a couple of systems we can test a later version of the Intel graphics driver on?  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors