Options

24 Posts

04-22-2016

US

60 Signins

335 Page Views

• Views: 335
  • Message 1 of 1

Difference Between BOOT BLOCK recovery and Bios Update Via CD/USB and CMOS Jumper Position 12 or 23

2019-01-10, 15:26 PM

Hi,

i'm, trying to recover my M92p from a failed Bios Update and am doing a BOOT BLOCK recovery according to the instructions in the HMM.

I noticed that the Bios flashing via Boot cd or USB works regardless wether the Jumper is at the default Position 1-2 or maintenance position  2-3.

Is there supposed to be a difference between about how the Bios gets updated via Maintenance mode or via Bootable CD for a regular Bios update? In both cases regardless where the Jumper is, the Update looks the same for me.

ALso is the "POST and BIOS update (flashupdate) disc" mentioned in the HMM on Page 267 the same as the Bootable Bios Update iso avialable here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_bios/9sj99cusa.iso

Or is the  "POST and BIOS update (flashupdate) disc" a different boot cd?

The Boot CD instructions mention that if the Bios is the sam or older than the current installed one, I will be asked wether to procede or not, instead the Falshing starts right away and my keyboard is always locked. Can it be that my pc always does the  BOOT BLOCK recovery no matter what jumper position I chose?

What is the regular Bios Update via CD/USB process supposed to look like in contrast to a BOOT BLOCK recovery update?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete