US

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 2

Dual Monitor Support - M710Q

2019-02-17, 11:56 AM

Hello,

I have a ThinkCentre M710Q Tiny (10MQS2UJ00) that uses two DisplayPort to HDMI cables and connects to two Samsung 24" displays. This setup was working fine for several months, I extended my desktop to the second monitor and life was good. I dont know what caused it to stop working (driver update?, etc) but one day recently the "second" monitor stopped displaying a picture. If I disconnected the cable/power from the back of the monitor that went black and then reconnected, the picture would come back on and the desktop would again extend. After about 15 seconds, the display went black again. I unplugged both monitors, plugged both in and both started working again, 15 seconds later, one display goes black. I tried running one display alone on one of the two DisplayPorts outputs and a single monitor works fine. I then tried the second monitor alone on the "other" DisplayPort outputs and a single monitor works fine. So both monitors, both cables,  and both DisplayPorts work fine when only one display is attached to either of them, but two displays no longer work simultaneously. I have the latest drivers and BIOS and tried changing the Display settings in BIOS for "IGP" from Auto to manual. All no luck. Lastly, IBM sent a technician with a new system board to my house. After swapping out the motherboard, the same problem persists. Now IBM wants to send a second replacement system board with their technician.

This all worked flawlessly for the first three months I owned the ThinkCentre, so I'm hoping that someone out there might have further troubleshooting ideas. Could the power supply be faulty and the current draw with the second monitor attached exceeds what the system can handle? I suppose I could use the VGA output to drive my second monitor, but now im curious as to what component is at fault that made this stop working.

Thanks for any tips, Greg

Options

1 Posts

03-27-2019

NL

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Dual Monitor Support - M710Q

2019-03-27, 14:20 PM

Hello Greg,

I've encountered the same problem and wonder if you might have found a solution. The only difference is that I use two DP to DP cables. 

Regards,

Erwin

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save