Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-03-2014

USA

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 1 of 2

Dual monitor setup

2014-09-03, 15:45 PM

I have a question about the usage of dual monitors. I have 2 Lenovo widescreen monitors I would like to use but can only seem to get one of them to work at a time.  Each Monitor has a ports for DVI and VGA. I am using a Graphics card with only DVI and HDMI. I have one monitor connected to the DVI input on the GPU and the VGA of the other monitor connected directed to the  CPU. Is there a way to get these to both work or must they both run on the GPU. I would need to buy and VGA- HDMI adapter to use both ports on the GPU. 

Lenovo Thnkcentre 9196

Windows 7 (64b)

ATI Radeon 4350 512mb

Options

471 Posts

07-16-2013

Slovenia

310 Signins

5496 Page Views

• Views: 5496
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Dual monitor setup

2014-09-03, 16:05 PM

I believe you can not have hybrid setup in M57p. So you'll have to drive both monitors from discrete graphic card (Radeon). You will either need HDMI->VGA adapter or HDMI->DVI adapter / cable for second monitor ...

Disclaimer: I am not Lenovo employee. While I do work for Lenovo Partner, all my contributions are my personal, non-official and not that of Lenovo or my employer.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms