Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leepea
Paper Tape
Views: 701
Message 1 of 7

E63z video drivers

We have a Lenovo E63z thinkcentre and are unable to install the correct video drivers. The Hardware ID for the graphics chip is VEN=8086 DEV=0A16. We've tried downloading and installing the drivers from Leovo and Intel's websites and they always appear to be installing but once done Device Manager still shows them as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and when you look at the driver details it says none are installed. We need this PC to hook up to a projector via the HDMI port and while we can get this working by running through the driver install process, it stops after the PC or projector has been switched off. I've updated the BIOS to the latest version but still cannot get the video drivers to stick. Can anybody help? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 694
Message 2 of 7

Re: E63z video drivers

What OS?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
leepea
Paper Tape
Views: 692
Message 3 of 7

Oops, Windows 7 Professional sorry.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 688
Message 4 of 7

What processor/graphics processor?   Is this a fresh Win 7 install?   Or how did you not have a graphics driver? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
leepea
Paper Tape
Views: 686
Message 5 of 7

It's an Intel i3-4005u CPU. The PC is in a school with a custom Windows 7 Pro image which is pushed out with WDS. The drivers were installed in WDS from Lenovo's website but the video drivers haven't installed, either from WDS or by installing manually. Tried Intel's drivers too and they do the same thing, run through the setup as though all is working but no drivers at the end in device manager. As a result the graphics options are just the standard VGA options and no option to use Win+P to select clone display etc. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 674
Message 6 of 7

Can you install Win 7 on it directly? 

leepea
Paper Tape
Views: 645
Message 7 of 7

We can but it's something I want to avoid doing as the PC has lots of software installed that would require re-installing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors