Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dankolo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 724
Message 1 of 2

E73 Tower - install GT 730 ?

Hello, I bought Lenovo ThinkCentre E73 mini tower (intel i5 processor 2,9 ghz, 8gb ram) and it has 180 w power supply and integred intel graphic card. Can I replace power supply and istall video card (Nvidia Geforce gt 730) without any problems ? Beacuse my lenovo motherboard has 14 pin connector and I cant find any power supplies with 14 pin, only 20/24 pin connectors. It is possible to buy new power supply (20 pin) and video card + adapter that will change from 20 pin to 14 pin ? Thanks for answers.

Mod:   edited title for clarity

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 692
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre E73 question

Confusingly, the GT 730 comes in 2 graphics processor architectures, and vastly different power consumptions.  

geforce-gt-730 specifications

From the Lenovo E73 tower specs, and what cards were optional with it, the bulk being 30w cards, you could use a specific brand/model GT 730 (with the later Kepler processor) that used around 30w with the factory power supply.  

E73 Tower specs

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors