cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
proxito
Not applicable
Views: 749
Message 1 of 6

Error 1962, ssd is recognized, having to reinstall Windows 3 times already WHY ?

Hello everybody.
I have a bit strange problem. I encounter the famous Error 1962. So i reinstalled my OS on my SSD (ADATA SP550).
After a  day and a half, again the freaking same error. Reinstalled again, day and a half again and boom, that error. My question is: Does that mean my SSD is failling ?
When the error appears my SSD is recognized in the BIOS, BIOS setting are good, everything is set appropriatly. Why does my OS keep getting erased ? 
P.S.

Whenever i reinstall my OS, i don't even need to format the disk, because it says it is all free (space)
P.S. #2
I'm using Windows 10 Pro (with anniversary update)

I hope someone has an idea what is going on.

BiggAl
Not applicable
Views: 708
Message 2 of 6

Re: Error 1962, ssd is recognized, having to reinstall Windows 3 times already WHY ?

What model do you have, what is the BIOS version and date? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
proxito
Not applicable
Views: 665
Message 3 of 6

Re: Error 1962, ssd is recognized, having to reinstall Windows 3 times already WHY ?

Hi back, sorry for the late response.
The model is M82 and it has BIOS version - 9SKT94AUS 
P.S.
Since the lass preinstall (now 3 days) i haven't see the 1962 error.

BiggAl
Not applicable
Views: 664
Message 4 of 6

Do you know if the Chipset and Storage driver were updated from the Lenovo support page for this system? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
proxito
Not applicable
Views: 649
Message 5 of 6

I believe i did a clean install, i did not download any drivers from lenovo. The Win 10 Pro came with all the needed drivers out of the box.

proxito
Not applicable
Views: 551
Message 6 of 6

For any that may read this thread.
The problem was a virus in the disk drive, that erased all install on it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors