Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-23-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

M920z: Issue using it in monitor mode thru DP input

2021-02-06, 6:11 AM

I've Got a thinkpad P51s and Now I have connected it Using a thinkcentre m920z Having an HDMI into displayport cable, with the intention to Utilize the thinkcentre as an external display.  I cannot find any directions how to switch the thinkcentre to some"monitor only" mode. now i am facing issue in banithani (jewelry shopping site),  The laptop doesn't detect it as an external display.  Wireless connection between both machines doesn't work : I did Project->Connect to wireless display and also the thinkcentre was found correctly.  I picked it and the thinkcentre popped up a window to permit the connection.  I picked Allow Consistently but then I got an empty"Devide Access List" where I could not take any actions.  On the notebook side after a while I got"Couldn't connect". thanks

Answer
Options

5108 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8282 Signins

130783 Page Views

• Views: 130783

Re:M920z: Issue when using it in monitor mode thru DP input

2021-02-06, 14:47 PM

Be aware that the vast majority of DP / HDMI cables are DP to HDMI, and all are one direction only.  Since you are going HDMI to DP, you have to have one of those specific active adapters (USB cable provides the required power), such as this Club 3D adapter.  True 4K @ 60Hz adapters are also available. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

5108 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8282 Signins

130783 Page Views

• Views: 130783
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:M920z: Issue when using it in monitor mode thru DP input

2021-02-06, 14:47 PM

Be aware that the vast majority of DP / HDMI cables are DP to HDMI, and all are one direction only.  Since you are going HDMI to DP, you have to have one of those specific active adapters (USB cable provides the required power), such as this Club 3D adapter.  True 4K @ 60Hz adapters are also available. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms