Options

0 Posts

01-16-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkCentre Tiny does not power up when installed in a TIO monitor (M715q, TIO24 Gen3)

2020-01-16, 15:04 PM

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q and a a TIO24 Gen3 screen.  The pc boots up just fine outside of the screen, but when I dock the pc in the back of the screen I can not turn the pc on.  I have tried the Alt + P and get nothing.  Even hitting the power button on the pc still dose nothing. I have also updated the pc with the monitor driver from lenovo.  Still nothing. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple.  Both screen and pc work fine when you don't use the dock on the back.

Mod:  edited the Subject line to correct the model number, and expand the problem description

Options

3818 Posts

01-01-2012

US

7843 Signins

116923 Page Views

• Views: 116923
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Flex Adapter (P*00 vs P*10 Models)

2020-01-17, 17:50 PM

1.  Are you using the stronger power supply that came with the TIO?  Check for a higher wattage marked on the power supply label.  (The one that came with the Tiny may not power the TIO and Tiny together.) 

2.  Are you seeing the TIO monitor display / led? come active when you press the power switch on it?  It appears that the TIO is not getting power to the Tiny.  Are the connectors, including power, engaging fully when installing the Tiny? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Options

0 Posts

01-16-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Flex Adapter (P*00 vs P*10 Models)

2020-02-20, 16:06 PM

Sorry for the late reply. It's crazy how busy you can get out of the blue.

We did figure that the psu that came with both the tiny pc and screen would not be enought to power both at the same time. We ordered the bigger psu which from what out sales person said is what we needed. I think it was a 70 or 90 Watt psu ( could be wrong size but is much bigger then the others). So with the new psu the screens comes on and says hit Alt + P to turn on the pc. Hitting the keys and the pc never comes on. I have updated the bios on the pc to the newest one. We have a wired Lenovo keyboard in the keyboard usb port ( also tryied it in every usb port on the pc), still nothing on the pc. Not sure if helps but even hitting the power button on the pc with in the dock will not make it come on.

PC works fine out of the dock.

Here is some more info on everything.

Screen model number : A17TIO24

Desktop model number : MJ09PXKZ

Thanks for any help on the subject.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save