Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jazzy75
What's DOS?
Views: 155
Message 1 of 2

Freeze, fan speed increased, shut down, Thinkcentre m91p

How do I fix my Lenovo ThinkCentre High Performance M91P Desktop Computer that froze, fan speed increases and won't display on the monitor anymore?

Hello, today my computer froze and now I can't see the screen anymore. It's been freezing multiple times but now after I unplugged it, it won't display anymore. I have a meeting tomorrow on this computer! This is the last time I buy a "certified refurbished" computer on Amazon Smiley Sad

Also, when I turned the computer back on the fan speed increased. It was getting louder and louder. I thought it was going to explode! Well I repeatedly hold down the power button and unplug the power cord and that's not working. That's what I would do every time my screen froze in the past. The screen would freeze, I couldn't move the mouse either. The light on the desktop is on, I tightened the cord of the monitor to make sure it's connected properly, and the mouse light is still on.

The exact desktop name: 

Lenovo ThinkCentre Premium High Performance M91P Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5 Quad-Core Processor 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home (Certified Refurbished)

...and I purchased it on Amazon.

I bought this desktop in April of this year and now I don't have product support via amazon anymore. I can't find the serial number on this computer.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 89
Message 2 of 2

Re: Freeze, fan speed increased, shut down, Thinkcentre m91p

Did you see the threads in this forum reporting freezing with Windows 10 on a M91p?   According to them it's worst if using the built-in Ethernet port, as opposed to a WiFi stick or plug-in adapter. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors