08-30-2018

US

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 2

Freeze, fan speed increased, shut down, Thinkcentre m91p

2018-08-30, 3:40 AM

How do I fix my Lenovo ThinkCentre High Performance M91P Desktop Computer that froze, fan speed increases and won't display on the monitor anymore?

Hello, today my computer froze and now I can't see the screen anymore. It's been freezing multiple times but now after I unplugged it, it won't display anymore. I have a meeting tomorrow on this computer! This is the last time I buy a "certified refurbished" computer on Amazon :(! 

Also, when I turned the computer back on the fan speed increased. It was getting louder and louder. I thought it was going to explode! Well I repeatedly hold down the power button and unplug the power cord and that's not working. That's what I would do every time my screen froze in the past. The screen would freeze, I couldn't move the mouse either. The light on the desktop is on, I tightened the cord of the monitor to make sure it's connected properly, and the mouse light is still on.

The exact desktop name: 

Lenovo ThinkCentre Premium High Performance M91P Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5 Quad-Core Processor 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home (Certified Refurbished)

...and I purchased it on Amazon.

I bought this desktop in April of this year and now I don't have product support via amazon anymore. I can't find the serial number on this computer.

Options

3984 Posts

01-01-2012

US

7902 Signins

118568 Page Views

• Views: 118568
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Freeze, fan speed increased, shut down, Thinkcentre m91p

2018-08-30, 18:26 PM

Did you see the threads in this forum reporting freezing with Windows 10 on a M91p?   According to them it's worst if using the built-in Ethernet port, as opposed to a WiFi stick or plug-in adapter. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save