Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barney86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,253
Message 1 of 6

Graphics Card in my Lenovo ThinkCentre M91p 7033

Hi.

I would like to know if a AMD Radeon R7 200 series graphics card will work in my

Lenovo ThinkCentre M91p 7033

I have inserted it into my pc but now the pc wont start up.the pc powers on but the screen does not turn on.

It works when I remove the graphics card and it also works when I put in the old graphics card.

Is there a way I can get it to work.

Thanks

Shawn

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,235
Message 2 of 6

Re: Graphics Card in my Lenovo ThinkCentre M91p 7033

Are you at the latest BIOS?    If not, use the ISO image to update (less chance of the update process wedging the motherboard.)  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
barney86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,221
Message 3 of 6

I downloaded and updated my BIOS to the latest version. It hasnt work.

I downloaded the BIOS update from the lenovo website. Is there any other fix i could try and is there any other site I can get the BIOS update from

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,212
Message 4 of 6

Not for the BIOS, you want to get that directly from the Lenovo support website.   

Do you have access to a different system, to verify the card is good?   Or you can contact tech support for the graphics card.   

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
barney86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,196
Message 5 of 6

Checked the card on another system. Works perfectly. WIll try contacting the tech support for the Card

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,176
Message 6 of 6

Sorry, I don't have any other ideas.  

While I have the same system (except a tower - but with the same motherboard), I used a previous generation AMD HD graphics card, but have since switched to a current gen Nvidia card (GTX 750 Ti - and an upgraded power supply and fans.)    Of note, Lenovo support has current drivers for Nvidia cards available for download, but not for AMD.   

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors