Did you mean: 
Salmon85
Paper Tape
Views: 241
Message 1 of 3

HDCP Error

Hello;   

I would be grateful for any help. 

I have a Lenovo ThinkCenre All in One PC.   

I also have Sky Go, where in theory I can play purchase films on different devices.   

Although I can add this computer as a device, when I try and play a Movie it says that:   

"This video can only be played on displays that support HDCP, please disconnect any external cables and try again".   

The only external cables I have is Power, Keyboard and Mouse.   

I have contacted Sky who says it is a hardware problem not a Sky problem.   

Apparently, it usually comes up with this error if you have an HDMI cable connected as (from what I can gather) it thinks you maybe making copies of the movie.

Sky kept telling me to remove the HDMI cable, despite the fact that I told them there wasn't one!   

Does anyone know how to make this PC "support HDCP"?   

Any help very gratefully appreciated.    Many thanks, S

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 221
Message 2 of 3

Re: HDCP Error

This solution may also work for you:  X1-Yoga-not-HDCP-compliant

It may be sufficient to delete the existing video drivers, and reinstall the current drivers on the Lenovo support page for your system.  If that doesn't work, delete them again, and install those from the Intel download site. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 208
Message 3 of 3

Re: HDCP Error

I should have asked previously, if you have kept the drivers up-to-date with one of the Lenovo utility programs. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors