Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

HELP~! After clone the HDD with ghost shows:"there has been a signature failure"

Hi all,

i'm cloning the same M70E desktop to others HDD. i have 20 PCs in my office. and i found out i can't clone it. it shows :

"there has been a signature failure" after i cloned to another PC.

i had looked around in google. it said the ghost command "ghost -ib"  should able to copy all 4 sectors from source to destination HDD.  However, it doesn't work in my case. it shows the same error msg. when i boot it up

"there has been a signature failure"

i'm using ghost 8 and using disk to disk to clone the HDD

i did tried the fdisk /mbr   after that it works, but it shows the error on the windows boot up page.

2nd time tried with ghost -ib , it shows the same error msg as pervious what i did for fdisk /mbr

here is teh msg:

windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix the problem:

info: the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Serial Port
0 Kudos

Re: HELP~! After clone the HDD with ghost shows:"there has been a signature failure"

[ Edited ]

I know this is old, but I wanted to update it. I was getting this exact same error (status: 0xc000000e) after a clone using ghost's -ib switch, but on a ThinkCentre A70z drive.

I mounted the drive on another machine at looked at the partitions. The normally hidden SYSTEM partition was set to ACTIVE.

I set the Windows7 partition as active and then mounted the drive back in the ThinkCentre A70z - low and behold - it booted.  I did not fdisk any partition.