Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgreer316
What's DOS?
Views: 1,606
Message 1 of 4

Hardware Scan Error Code

The Lenovo Solution Center performed a hardward scan and it returned 1 error and instructed me to click on the link to submit an eticket. So I clicked on the link and got nothing but confusion from that point on. I can't find anywhere to submit a ticket to just find out what the error code is. All I get presented with are charged support options. I'm not experiecing any hardware issue as my systemseems to run just fine. But I would like to know what this error code points to. The code is"W1AH5U4VT-G4H1Z4". How can I find out what this is?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,605
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hardware Scan Error Code

If you re-open the Lenovo Solutions Center and select Hardware Scan, on that page there is a See Last Results  link that will show you the report created during the last scan, and in that report it should show you what part of the test caused the error.    It may be something simple to fix with an updated driver (a lot of times it is just a video driver failing the Mathmatical Operations test), but hopefully that information will help you find a solution.  

BTW  If it is the Mathmatical Opertaions test that failed, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for your video card, or just updating to a newer version will usually fix that error.

Cheers,

jebra
Paper Tape
Views: 748
Message 3 of 4

For the first time, a few months ago, Windows 10 failed to execute an update. My Lenovo is a Yoga2. Since the Windows 10 update troubleshooter also failed, I ran Lenovo's hardware tests. It did great - EXCEPT for the storage tests where it failed fully half of them (SMART status, Targeted Read Test, SMART Short Self test, SMART Drive self test). Also an exclamation mark by thewSMART Health test..

It passed the Random Seek test and the Funnel Seek test, It's still running the "Scan for Errors test" -

Does this mean it's time for a new hard drive??

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 745
Message 4 of 4

Yes, SMART test errors mean new HDD time, so if you have anything to backup, cancel the remaining tests and do so now

Best of luck, 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors