Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thinkie
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 1 of 2

Help me to choose the right GPU for M91p small desktop

Hi there. Just received this kind of computer for the very first time. This is Lenovo ThinkCentre M91P made in late 2011. At the moment it has:

i5-2500S 2.5 4 cores CPU

12GB DDR3 RAM (I use 1600 Mhz instead of 1333 Mhz. Works fine)

256 SSD SanDisk

180W external power supply

NO VIDEO CARD

Computer size: 270mm x 240mm x 80mm

I have no idea what kind of video card fits. I browsed the internet and found out that it supposed to be a card called LOW PROFILE card. But these are so different from each other. I have a doubt if this old motherboard can still support any new video card at all.

Below I leave a link to 1a.lt store, so maybe someone of you could point me some examples.

https://www.1a.lt/kompiuteriu_komponentai_tinklo_produktai/komponentai/vaizdo_plokstes/max/price-100

And probably I will need some more powerful power supply.

I would like to be able to play average games like GTA5.

*** Also I'm wondering if this card could fit:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N750OC-2GL#ov

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 158
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help me to choose the right GPU for M91p small desktop

Based on the size and that it has an external power supply (like a laptop power brick), it's a "M91p Eco Ultra Small" system.  And according to the specs, the PCI slot is:  Low Profile, 32-bit PCI 2.3   (most likely used for a WiFi card), and not a PCIe x16 slot used for graphics card.  No other graphics option was listed besides the internal Intel graphics. 

Lenovo ® ThinkCentre Desktops - withdrawn May 2013

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors