Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-16-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Help upgrading wireless card on a Tiny m93p

2021-04-16, 22:37 PM

Hi,

I have a Tiny ThinkCentre m93p I recently bought second hand. It came with a WiFi-only card and I need bluetooth, so I am looking into upgrading it.

Before I buy I want to make sure the card is compatible with my machine. I know unsupported cards will cause the computer to not boot.

I called Encompass and they can tell me about pricing and availability but they couldn't help me with compatibility.

I know there's a compatible cards list here (filter by Wireless cards) and I want to make sure I order the correct card. Does it have to be certified by Lenovo somehow?

For example, I tried an Intel 7260HMW which according to the list is supposed to be compatible but the computer gave me a 1802 error saying the card was incompatible and refused to continue the boot process. I probably missed something but I don't know what.

How can I be sure I am getting a compatible card? What should I look out for?

Computer is a m93p Tiny, Machine Type is 10AB and Model number is 000KUS

Options

8973 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77775 Signins

2227175 Page Views

• Views: 2227175
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Help upgrading wireless card on a Tiny m93p

2021-04-17, 0:00 AM

Hi,

For the machines with whitelisted cards, the card must be a supported model and have a Lenovo FRU number - shown as "part number" in your parts link.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

5146 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8301 Signins

131408 Page Views

• Views: 131408
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-17, 0:03 AM

Does the card have the Lenovo FRU P/N of 04X6010, like in this image:

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Options

2 Posts

04-16-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-17, 0:08 AM
It didn’t. I’ just finding out ab the FRU thing. So it is a Lenovo specific number? If I understand correctly as long as the model is supported and it has an FRU then I’m good to go? I ask because I’ve seen ones on eBay that match the FRU but they say they only work on other models (not my m93p). So that confused me a bit.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms