Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

12-15-2017

Canada

15 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 1 of 3

How do I reset my BIOS?

2021-07-23, 22:50 PM

I recently had a drive problem with my M93p desktop and to get it to boot I had to change some of the BIOS/UEFI settings.  It's quite new so the previous settings were the factory default.  Is there a way to reinitialize it back to factory settings?

Options

9438 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78158 Signins

2247480 Page Views

• Views: 2247480
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:How do I reset my BIOS?

2021-07-23, 23:37 PM

Can you still access BIOS setup?  As it probably says at the bottom of the BIOS pages (I don't have one to look at) F9 to load defaults, F10 to save.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

1 Posts

08-04-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:How do I reset my BIOS?

2021-08-08, 23:53 PM

I'm struggling with my ThinkCentre with Lenovo BIOS, trying to boot in a second operating system with partition.  I want to be able to run either operating system, and switch when needed.  Trouble is this:  every time I alter the startup BIOS to get it to read either the CD-ROM or USB HDD (containing the new boot program), the BIOS ignores the changes, even though confirmed, saved, and checked/confirmed again.  It appears that the BIOS will recognize NOTHING but the Windows OS.

Is this true?  How do I force the BIOS to accept a non-Windows OS?  I'm weary with the trying, and about to scrap the machine if I can't get what I want out of it!

HELP!

Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms