cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runev
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 647
Message 1 of 3

How do you revert a M92p to the factory BIOS?

A while back my ASUS GT 640 stopped working after a BIOS-update. A year has passed, and I've seen several others with the same issues.

Still, there's no BIOS-updates that mention a fix, and I still can't get any of the three PCI-e cards I've tried to work.

So, I wanted to try flashing my BIOS back to the factory default one, as that worked just fine for 6-7 months.

However, where do I download these old BIOS packages? And is there any information on how to flash them manually? That is, unless I can download an ISO image.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 631
Message 2 of 3

Re: How do you revert a M92p to the factory BIOS?

All the downloaded BIOS updates should still be on your hard drive in separate directories named for the BIOS version. Running the Setup file should install that BIOS into flash.   It won't get you back to the original one, but oldest will get you to the next update.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
runev
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 625
Message 3 of 3

Re: How do you revert a M92p to the factory BIOS?

I'm no longer running the factory Windows 7 that shipped with the computer, as I've bought an OEM version of Windows 8 since then.

I can't seem to find any trace of previous BIOS-update files on my computer, even though I've gone through half a dusin of them the past year and a half.

Is there really no way to download older BIOS-versions for the M92p?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors