Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center

How to set function keys to Standard F1-F12 functions with Ultraslim Plus Wireless Keyboard.

0 Kudos
Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎10-24-2011 by
Modified ‎10-24-2011 by
(28,579 Views)

How to set function keys to Standard F1-F12 functions with Ultraslim Plus Wireless Keyboard.

Question

F1-F12 keys has special features printed on each key, but when using the standard F1-F12 functions without any
of the special features, then press the Fn key plus F1-F12.

ThinkCentre:

M71z, Edge 71z, Edge 91z

Answer

Ensure you have the driver installed via following link

Lenovo Ultraslim Plus Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit),
Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), XP - ThinkCentre Edge 91z, Edge 71z  - Support page.

FIX:

1. Start > All Programs > Lenovo Ultraslim Plus Wireless Keyboard & Mouse > Lenovo Ultraslim Plus Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Driver.

slim.JPG

2. You will see a small window on the right bottom corner of screen, which gives Lenovo Ultraslim Plus Wireless Keyboard.

- If your system is set for function keys to "Default,” Press F1-F12 to use the special feature printed on each key,
and press Fn key plus F1-F12 to use the standard F1-F12 functions.

- If your system is set for function keys to "Standard F1-F12 functions",  Press F1-F12 to use the standard functions
and press Fn key plus F1-F12 to use the special features printed on each key.

slim2.JPG

Comments
by drdominee on ‎01-18-2014 01:47 PM

I would like to see a way to lock the function keys on the Yoga 2 Pro. Using the F1-F12 keys is very important in word processing programs, and trying to hit 2-3 keys simultaneously is quite irritating.

by lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor on ‎01-18-2014 02:00 PM

@drdominee,

you can enable legacy keyboard option in the bios.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/TIP-How-to-Enable-Legacy-keyboard-on-IdeaPad-Yoga-2-Pro/m-p/1372747/highlight/true#M14211

by drdominee on ‎01-18-2014 04:46 PM

Excellent...I figured that out soon after I made my post, and it's working perfectly.

Contributors