USA

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 1

IBM ThinkCentre K19-8189 not properly booting

2013-09-22, 4:42 AM

Hello everyone,

I have an IBM ThinkCentre K19-8189 that I bought used in 2009 and has worked without a hitch since.

I stopped using it as a main computer in 2011 when I got a computer that could handle games on low settings, and I used that for a while, that computer's PSU blew so I put this computer back in use in May of 2012. It wasn't used much, and hasn't been used much since around September of 2012, and then I brought it upstairs and it's been in my closet since (insulated, not too hot, not too cold).

I pulled it out today, put a 'new' Graphics Card in it (Geforce 9400 GT, was in another computer), put in an 80 GB IDE HDD, grabbed my OS disk and started installing it.

Somewhere along the line before the actual installation process (at this point it had been on for 5-10 minutes), it encountered an error, told me to turn off my computer and try again. I turned it off, turned it back on, my devices initialized... no video. I tried the onboard video, nothing. Removed the 9400 GT, tried onboard again, no dice. I took a look inside, cleaned it out with compressed air, and tried again. Nothing.

Honestly, I'm stumped. I don't think it was anything I did to it, I know how to properly install a simple graphics card and HDD, I've built two computers (the IBM was the backup to the one I'm typing on now), wore an anti-static wrist strap, touched the metal inside the case every 20 seconds, didn't have contact with other electronics, worked on a wood table with a hardwood floor, sitting on a wooden chair, etc.

Any help would be highly appreciated - I need this computer for a project.

Thanks,

Mephikun

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save