Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sephiroth59
Paper Tape
Views: 737
Message 1 of 6

Issue to update BIOS of my M93p Desktops by USB Key

Hi,

I have an issue to update BIOS of my M93p Desktops by an USB Key, I create a DOS Bootable USB Key with the software Rufus (FreeDos) and I copy all files of the flash update program in FBJTxxUSA.ZIP to my DOS bootable memory key. I powered up the system and made sure that my device with the flash program is selected as a boot device.  When I ran the Bios update, I have this error message :

20170808_083524.jpg

I tried with the Bios update by Bootable CD, I have the same issue. Could you help me to find a solution, I can not use the Windows Flash tool, I must use an USB Bios update. Thank you for your help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 703
Message 2 of 6

Re: Issue to update BIOS of my M96p Desktops by USB Key

At the very bottom of the BIOS support page for your system are links to the previous version, try upgrading to it, then to the latest. 

Also, please check your model number, there is no M96p. 

Sephiroth59
Paper Tape
Views: 699
Message 3 of 6

I am sorry, It is a typing error, It is M93p.

vGuides
What's DOS?
Views: 296
Message 4 of 6

Same problem. However error says BIOS is v96 and is lower than 97. Tried with Windows tool - no success. I cannot find any old BIOSes to download. 

Anyone knows how to fix this?

SeniorGuru
Views: 276
Message 5 of 6

I haven't updated the BIOS for one of my M93p SFF machines in quite some time (same BIOS as M93p tower).  It is still running with BIOS CP dated 12/12/2017, which I applied in January 2018 using the "flash from operating system" method.  I don't see any mention of a BIOS "number" (like 96 or 97).

I looked at the current download page for M93p BIOs and only see the 3/28/2018 version CY files.  I don't see the usual set of links to older BIOS update files at the bottom of the page, so I don't know where you might have gotten the one you say you tried (from operating system) and it got the same error message as when using your DOS flash utility.

Interestingly, in the README for the current CY BIOS I don't see any mention of previous BIOS CP which I am using two separate M93p SFF machines, but that's what I'm running.

Anyway I can make the "flash from operating system" files FBJYCPUSA.EXE and FBJYCPUSA.TXT available to you, if you want to try them.

Rchtk
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

I'm also getting this exact message using the ISO image burned on a USB stick. Minor difference: Bios version is displayed as 53.

Any idea what could be wrong? Or a workaround ?

This is rather important for us considering the latest security patches.

Best regards

Top Kudoed Authors