cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slackermt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 588
Message 1 of 2

Issue with video card on Thinkcentre desktop- help!

I have a Lenovo 4480B1U, which is a ThinkCentre small form factor M91p desktop with integrated video.  I wanted to add a discreet video card to it for playing Minecraft, because playing it with the integrated video is choppy at times.  I installed a low profile 1GB AMD RADEON HD 7470, and when I turn the PC on, there is no video whatsoever.  I made sure to go into the bios and set the graphics to use the PCI-e slot.  If I take the video card out and switch back to the integrated video, it works fine.  Any ideas? 

Can anyone recommend another video card I can get for this machine?  I won't want to spend more than $50. 

Thanks in advance!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 545
Message 2 of 2

Re: Issue with video card on Thinkcentre desktop- help!

@slackermt wrote:

I have a Lenovo 4480B1U, which is a ThinkCentre small form factor M91p desktop with integrated video.  I wanted to add a discreet video card to it for playing Minecraft, because playing it with the integrated video is choppy at times.  I installed a low profile 1GB AMD RADEON HD 7470, and when I turn the PC on, there is no video whatsoever.  I made sure to go into the bios and set the graphics to use the PCI-e slot.  If I take the video card out and switch back to the integrated video, it works fine.  Any ideas? 

Can anyone recommend another video card I can get for this machine?  I won't want to spend more than $50. 

Thanks in advance!

7470 is an OEM card (for Dell I think), but not for Lenovo.   Hard to say whether it is or was supported, since AMD does not publish a list like Nvidia does.   You might check that you're at the latest BIOS. 

I suggest a version 2 or 3 (25w) GT 730.   DDR5 memory if you can get one for that price.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors