Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwwillia
What's DOS?
Views: 153
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo M625q Processor Throtteling while inserted in TIO 22 Touch

Hello,

We are finding that the Lenovo M625q with the AMD E2-9000e Processor will not clock higher then 800mhz and utilize only a single core when inserted into a ThinkCentre TIO 21.5" Touch Monitor.  Taking the M625 out, it works fine.  We have tried:

1. Loading our corporate image

2. Loading stock Windows 10 Pro

3. Reset Bios to optimized defaults

4. Updated to latest published BIOS and drivers

We have also ensured that the power profile in windows is set to Maximum performance with CPU set to use 100% while plugged in.

Turning off the PC, removing it from the TIO and running in stand alone (Connected to external monitor) the M625 works properly clocking up to 1.8ghz and utilizing both cores.

Does anyone have any ideas?

dwwillia
What's DOS?
Views: 115
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo M625q Processor Throtteling while inserted in TIO 22 Touch

We opened a case with Lenovo and they sent a replacement motherboard (CPU soldered on motherboard) but as expected this made no difference.  CPU still throttles at minimum state when plugged into AIO monitor.   We are hopping our follow up call will have more success in figuring out the issue.

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 106
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo M625q Processor Throtteling while inserted in TIO 22 Touch

It could be firmware or UEFI bug ...

Disclaimer: I am not Lenovo employee. While I do work for Lenovo Partner, all my contributions are my personal, non-official and not that of Lenovo or my employer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors