Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imagemaster21
Paper Tape
Views: 335
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo M720q Ethernet Driver

Hello I am setting up a Windows Server 2016 to test a fax application. Upon a fresh install it is not detecting the Ethernet Driver. I tried getting the latest Win 10, Win 8.1, Win 7 drivers off Lenovo for my specific model M720q. I did not find any specific drivers for Windows Server 2016 from Lenovo. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also I did get a connection using a USB -Ethernet adapter and I tried downloading drivers through Windows updates and said no updates found in device manager. Also tried Lenovo system update tool and it downloaded the LAN driver, and said it installed but did not reflect the install in the results or in device manager. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 312
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo M720q Ethernet Driver

Did you look for the driver on the Intel download site for the specific Ethernet adapter installed? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
imagemaster21
Paper Tape
Views: 304
Message 3 of 8

Yes I did and it said not Intel products detected. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 302
Message 4 of 8

I meant manually look for the correct driver on the Intel download site, since according to the specs, your system has an Intel adapter:

f-m720q LAN adapter.JPG

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
imagemaster21
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 5 of 8

Yep I got it right off their website for the specific one and no luck. I also tried their Driver Support Assistant tool and that did not help. 

kigkyn
Paper Tape
Views: 171
Message 6 of 8

did you got fix? I too have same problem.
imagemaster21
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 7 of 8

I contacted Lenovo support and gave them the serial number and they told me it is only compatible with Windows 10, they recommended to spec something out for what I intend to do. 

I can get network connectivity with a USB--Ethernet adapter, but I really don't want to use that on a server. 

kigkyn
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 8 of 8

got it. thanks. will keep you posted on my progress.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors