Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpennino
What's DOS?
Views: 236
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo M720s PCI-e graphic card not working

I've install a GT210 graphic card in a Lenovo M720s but have problems making it work. The PC seems to boot but there's not video signal coming from the 210 VGA/HDMI/DVI ports.

With the GT210 installed, there is no output from the integrated graphic card (expected) meaning that the card is detected. System does boot with HD activity but no signal from any graphic ports.

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 199
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo M720s PCI-e graphic card not working

The GeForce 210 was a low-end, and now 10 years old, graphics card.  The integrated Intel graphics is over 7 times more performant.  What is it that you're wanting to achieve? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
gpennino
What's DOS?
Views: 192
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply.

It's a corporate decision (I can't easily change that) that responds to an application tested with this exact graphic card.

I understand what your saying and I fully agree. 

On the other hand, I don't know why It does not work. The graphic card works fine in an Asus PC (same generation and coincidentally same I5 processor).

Thanks again.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 187
Message 4 of 4

The symptoms suggest the M720s has gotten past POST, and maybe more OS related.  I suggest trying it in Safe mode, that may provide you with more information, and use the Nvidia forum, since there haven't been any threads on GeForce 210, or similar generation cards, issues since I can remember (many years - certainly pre-Win 10.) 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors