cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTRL-ALT-DEL1
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo M82 Tower Type 3392 Unable to use both Built in graphics and pcie graphics card

Hello,

I can't seem to find specific information about this pc related to this topic. I have a client that wants to have a hdmi port and dual monitor installed. I looked everywhere in the bios settings, I tried using a usb-to-vga adapter & and vga, dvi-d cable & vga (this mirrors both monitors, but cannot extend the display). When I changed the settings on the bios to use the built in graphics, it gives me the option to enable multiple monitors but cannot use my pcie graphic card. If i select to use the pcie graphic card, i cannot use the built in graphic ports or the usb-to-vga adapter (it does not see the other monitor) and also if I use the dvi adpater and the vga it mirrors the display. I'm guessing that the bios does not support dual graphic cards but thought of asking here. The reason the client wants this is to be able to connect a projector using hdmi and to have dual monitors. Any information will be greatly appreaciate it. Thank you. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 234
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo M82 Tower Type 3392 Unable to use both Built in graphics and pcie graphics card

According to this document, my own and other owners experiences, both graphics can be enabled at the same time. 

You don't provide the BIOS version, if you are not at the latest, I suggest updating using the CD ISO method only.  And what graphics card are you using, and which built-in ports are you using?  If any DP adapters are used, please give brand and model number.  I suggest uninstalling the USB-to-VGA software for now, as it may confuse the operation of the other two. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors