Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcoite
Fanfold Paper
Views: 579
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo M90 5391 CPU temperature

Hello, After upgrading my Lenovo M90 5391 from Pentium G6950 to i3-530 , i find out that the ventilator was at 500RPM all the time even when the CPU temperature goes up to like 75C-80C which is too hot , i dont know if that was the case whith G6950 (i didnt check) but i think it was the same. 

So after i install SpeedFan and configure it , it changes the Fan speed from 1000 to 4000RPM (too much)  to keep the processor at like 30C-40C. 

So my question is if there should be any program or driver from Lenovo for regulating the speed of CPU fan ? I freshly installed everything like 2 weeks ago and maybe forgot to install something?  or is it normal to be at 500RPM all the time no matter what.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 549
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo M90 5391 CPU temperature

Someone in this forum upgraded the processor on a M58 ? with similar results, and devised a way to work around the problem by moving the ambient air sensor close to the processor, so that as the processor temp went up, the fans would spin faster.    This may work for you. 

Difference-between-parts-for-a-M58p-CPU-upgrade

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors