Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BjoernTF
Paper Tape
Views: 368
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo M900: data transfer from One Touch Maxtor; product key; headphones

My new M900 desktop is now up and running. Three small questions. (1) How do I transfer data stored in my external One Touch Maxtor back-up to my desktop? (2) Where do I find the Product Key such that I can activate Word? (3) How do I get to listen to music through the headphones (plug on the front) while the speakers on the monitor are switched off? Thanks in advance, Bjoern. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 312
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo M900: data transfer from One Touch Maxtor; product key; headphones

I Googled your audio question, and this solution was from one of the top links.   I suggest you would be better served searching the Maxtor and Microsoft websites/forums for questions related to their products.   Thx. 

f-audio select.png

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
BjoernTF
Paper Tape
Views: 275
Message 3 of 9

Thanks. Headphones fixed. - Where do I find the 25-digit product key? The packaging is gone, so I would need to find the product key either on or in the computer.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 268
Message 4 of 9

Did you purchase a copy of Microsoft Office with the M900?   (screen capture below from the USA Lenovo purchasing page, it may be different in other countries)

f-office license.png

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
BjoernTF
Paper Tape
Views: 265
Message 5 of 9

Yes, I did. The M900 came with Office 10 installed. My understanding is that I should look up the 25-digit code in the BIOS, but I wouldn't know how.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 262
Message 6 of 9

The Windows 10 key is now stored in the BIOS, but not the Office key (from what I've read.)   This thread may help with Office activation: 

Office 2016 Activation

(my apologies, I didn't realize from your original question that this was Word/Office purchased with this PC)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 254
Message 7 of 9

Failing that.  This thread says that doing a chat with Microsoft Office support resolved the problem: 

I did a chat at https://support.office.com/en-us

Tech support remotely went in to help get the software to work.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 238
Message 8 of 9

Did one of these solutions work for you?   Thx. 

BjoernTF
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 9 of 9

Yes, thanks! I got in touch with Microsoft Support, and we were done after half an hour or so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors