cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bratzilla
What's DOS?
Views: 964
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo M91p SFF - What is the most powerful Power Supply Unit available?

Greetings all. I scoured the forums for an answer, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

To be brief, I own an M91p SFF (Model 3227). I've already maxed out the RAM. I need to upgrade the PSU as much as possible because I'll be running Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (no need for or interest in), and want to install the GT 1030 card. I can't seem to find any definitive PSU information about this machine. So, I'm asking - what is the MAXIMUM watt make and model you've found to use? I've seen posts give some vague information, but not enough so that I can actually order one. Thanks in advance for the help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 951
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo M91p SFF - What is the most powerful Power Supply Unit available?

I'm not understanding you asking about the most powerful power supply possible, while writting that you intend to install a (low-power) GT 1030.  Are you also considering more powerful graphics cards?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Bratzilla
What's DOS?
Views: 941
Message 3 of 6

I apologize for the confusion. Let's just say, I was advised to get at least a 400W power supply, as there are other cards that have been or will be installed in addition to the card I am seeking.

So, given that, is there a 400W power supply that fits this machine? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Again, thank you and sorry for any confusion.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 933
Message 4 of 6

Per this thread, you may install any standard TFX power supply, I strongly recommend you go with a modular or semi-modular as space is very limited inside the case:

M91p-SFF-power-supply-upgrade-what-do-I-need-to-know

I believe the TFX spec tops out at 400w, and the graphics card for a SFF needs to be a shorter low-profile

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 907
Message 5 of 6

For GT 1030 more powerful PSU is waste of a time and money. TDP of GT 1030 is 30W. So no issues there with original PSU. However GT 1030 in M91p may or may not work. Obviously you need low profile card with low profile bracket ...

Disclaimer: I am not Lenovo employee. While I do work for Lenovo Partner, all my contributions are my personal, non-official and not that of Lenovo or my employer.

Salmonella
What's DOS?
Views: 862
Message 6 of 6

The GT 1030 will fit.I have one installed in my M 91p.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors