Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBondz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 905
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo M91p SFF re-case??

I have a Lenovo M91p SFF, Has anyone ever recased the internals to another case? I've been doing a gaming build and would like a different case. Thanks for anyhelp!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 880
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo M91p SFF re-case??

There's a few threads here on recasing, but no true 'How to'.  And be aware that the SFF and Tower use the same motherboard, so either recasing thread can help.   Plus you'll need this: 

ThinkCentre-front-panel-connector-power-audio-and-USB-pinouts

mkxnzn
Paper Tape
Views: 655
Message 3 of 4

It's pretty easy but there's a few things to note:

I/O Plate prongs may need bending slightly to fit into rear panel snugly.

You need to connect the thermal sensor from the SFF case to make sure the fan's are controlled properly - it plugs into the motherboard and you can secure it anywhere in your case. Mine has a green connector and you can google a picture of it so you don't throw it away by mistake. My fans kept spinning up wildly until I googled "themral sensor m91p" or something like that so if your fans are going nuts this is probably you.

The front panel audio connector on the motherboard is something custom so unless you hook it up wire by wire it's probably not worth the effort.

Dell R5 240 - wont boot

ASUS GT 730 - worked for a while then machine wouldn't boot with the card in. Up to you...

R9 270x doesnt work regardless of psu according to google threads.

Best bet card is GT 1030 or 1050 TI etc. There's a youtube video of someone with a 1030 doing well and lots of threads on 1050 success. GLHF

Tenkei
What's DOS?
Views: 413
Message 4 of 4

Sapphire HD 6570 works great with just the drivers installed. Crashes on windows 10 if you have the Catalyst control center running. 130+ fps on league of legends / Medium settings 1080p. Wont drop below 60 so for most ppl it.s sweet. Btw someone email lenovo and get them to remove the whitelist Smiley Tongue

Top Kudoed Authors