Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hermit-Torta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 294
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo M91p Tower BSOD

It keeps getting random blue screen of deaths that says critical structure error without a error code. Been using it with windows 10 64bit for 3 years until i updated it and put in a new gpu (EVGA 1060 3gb SC OC), didnt have this problem with new gpu untill recent months. Will downgrading to windows 7 or doing a fresh install of windows 10 fix this issue?

Computer specs

I5 2400

8gb ddr3 

500gb hd

Evga 1060 3gb 

400w psu

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 257
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo M91p Tower BSOD

Are you using the latest Nvidia driver downloaded from the Nvidia website?  Are you at Win 10 1803, and did these problems coincide with that feature update? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Hermit-Torta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 253
Message 3 of 9

Yes im up to date for both, didnt have this problem with my old 1050 ti that i sold.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 237
Message 4 of 9

Did the problems start right after 1803?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Hermit-Torta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 217
Message 5 of 9

Yes and other previous updates, maybe its one of my new parts, gpu, psu. Other people with thinkcentre computers seem to be having this problem as well that use windows 10.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 208
Message 6 of 9

This gen ThinkCentre was never certified for Win 10 by Intel / Microsoft.  Win 7 would be more stable and has support to 2020. 

bubbajones
What's DOS?
Views: 202
Message 7 of 9

I have the same issue on my m91p using onboard intel graphics.  No issues running ubuntu at all.

Is this due to the graphics card or some other driver that isn't working correctly with windows10?  I really like my computer but can't really back to windows 7 but looking like i may have no choice

Hermit-Torta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 195
Message 8 of 9

Did you update to latest windows like I did? Might do the same, no bsod yet today.

bubbajones
What's DOS?
Views: 170
Message 9 of 9

Yes,  2014 bios and all windows updates

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors