cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gunspo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 669
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo M92p tower-- does it support the RX 570?

I have a Lenovo M92p tower on its way to upgrade with some ram and an RX 570. The motherboard is an IS7XM REV 1.0, and I was wondering if it supported the 570. This is my first post, so if I need to give some more information about the PC I gladly will. Thanks!

Haskeer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 658
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo M92p tower-- does it support the RX 570?

Hi,
It support any GPU. Pay attention on the case dimensions. If I'm right your M92p is a slim tower, and it can allow only LP (low profile) GPU.
Another crucial point is the PSU. Your power supply might be too weak to power any gpu that require auxiliary power supply. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 627
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo M92p tower-- does it support the RX 570?

Newer generation AMD cards can problematic on older ThinkCentres, read the graphics card section of the "Read First ..." pinned thread. 

It is possible to edit the BIOS of the graphics card to give it the ID of an older AMD card, but is high risk, if everything doesn't go exactly right, that card is wedged. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals