Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmundy1126
Paper Tape
Views: 118
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo M93p Tiny will power on

I have a M93p that is out of warranty. I had to change the motherboard because it would not power on. Now that the motherboard has been replaced, when I press the power button, the power light will come on and then go off, it will flash on and off. If the hard drive is connected, the hard drive light will flash everytime the on light goes off. I have tried to discinnect the hard drive and removed memory to see if that is the cause but with iut any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 113
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo M93p Tiny will power on

Is the power supply good? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
jmundy1126
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 3 of 7

yes, its a brand new power supply

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 102
Message 4 of 7

Suggest doing a failed BIOS update recovery, see that section in your systems Hardware Maintenance Manual. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
jmundy1126
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 5 of 7

I can not get into the BIOS, nothing show on the screen. I tried clearing CMOS, still getting the same flashing power light and HD light

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 89
Message 6 of 7

You do not need to get into the BIOS, it is to recover from a failed BIOS update (meaning the BIOS is corrupt.)

jmundy1126
Paper Tape
Views: 83
Message 7 of 7

Followed the instructions in Hardware Manual for POST/BIOS update failure. did not work

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors