Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThinkpadGuy
Paper Tape
Views: 291
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Page for BIOS Update Removed - Need Help

I've got an old thinkcentre (M51 series) and I need to update its bios to make it usable for my purposes. The problem I've run into is that I have no way to access the download, as Lenovo has removed the page containing it. It still appears on google and is listed as http://support.lenovo.com/en/downloads/ds013759, but nothing appears when I open the page. I looked at the product support, and there is no way that I could find to contact Lenovo from there about the page being missing. If anyone might happen to know how I could directly ask a Lenovo employee or if anyone has a link to download the file, it would be greatly appreciated.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 256
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Page for BIOS Update Removed - Need Help

Link was for the wrong system.  Sorry.  richk

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 242
Message 3 of 7

The user has a M51 from IBM 2004.

http://www.lenovo.com/ISS_Static/WW/Merchandising/gov/ca/fr/popups/M51.pdf

Ibm.com would be your support vendor.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 219
Message 4 of 7

@ThinkpadGuy wrote:

I've got an old thinkcentre (M51 series) and I need to update its bios to make it usable for my purposes. The problem I've run into is that I have no way to access the download, as Lenovo has removed the page containing it. It still appears on google and is listed as http://support.lenovo.com/en/downloads/ds013759, but nothing appears when I open the page. I looked at the product support, and there is no way that I could find to contact Lenovo from there about the page being missing. If anyone might happen to know how I could directly ask a Lenovo employee or if anyone has a link to download the file, it would be greatly appreciated.

Good day and welcome to the community.

Since your M51 is at End-of-Life, you'll need to visit the Lenovo EOL Archive Portal: https://download.lenovo.com/eol/index.html

Once you make the proper system selections in the three dropdowns under the Device Driver File Matrix header, you'll be presented with a list of available downloads. There are two BIOS downloads available, dependent on your machine's 4 digit machine type number.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

ThinkpadGuy
Paper Tape
Views: 188
Message 5 of 7

Looks to me like it will work. Thank you. I'll check for sure when I've got time to in a couple days.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 164
Message 6 of 7

@ThinkpadGuy wrote:

Looks to me like it will work. Thank you. I'll check for sure when I've got time to in a couple days.

Just following up...

How'd you make out?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

ThinkpadGuy
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 7 of 7

I still need to get my hands on an old processor in order to flash the bios, which might take a while. I'll post what happened when I'm done.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors