Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broknspyrl
Paper Tape
Views: 119
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ThinkCenter M93 (Tiny) Single, Short Beep on POST

Hi guys,

I have scoured the web for an answer to an issue which has only recently started happening (after plugging in a new USB Hub - since removed).  When i boot the machine, i get a single, short beep during (or just before) the POST, somthing i thought wierd.  I have looked on the Lenovo HMM and seen on Page 61 that it details two error codes, however no mention of a signle beep, so i started looking elsewhere and have found discussions on the forum relating to other been codes, but not a single beep!  The only reference to a signle beep i have been able to locate on a Lenovo site is here (which relates to a different product series) indicating a "normal boot", this fits because after the beep, the machine boots into Win 7 fine.

I have recently reset, and deactivated the MEBX as the password was forgotten, i have also reset the BIOS to defaults, and updated it to be on the safe side, still i get the beep.  I have also unplugged everything (inc. power), pressed and held the power button for c. 60-70 seconds, again to no avail.

I am hoping i have covered off the basic troubleshooting, and included enough information to help other suggest a solution, apologies if not, but this is the first time posting for support on a forum!

Thanks in advance

broknspyrl
Paper Tape
Views: 74
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ThinkCenter M93 (Tiny) Single, Short Beep on POST

Forgot to mention i also do not get any error messages, and have run all tests though the BIOS which all passed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors