Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lawnman17
Paper Tape
Views: 583
Message 11 of 21

Re: Setting up dual monitors for extended display - need help

Just ordered everything! Thank you so much for ALL of your help!

TheBaileyBrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 424
Message 12 of 21

Re: M71e - M900: 3 & 4 monitor support (three, four)

I'm way late to the party - but I'm stumped with my work terminal.

I'm using a Lenovo M92 (M2121-D5U) and I've been trying for days to enable a third monitor on my tiny machine.

I have 3 video ports: VGA, DVI (and an exchangable third - currently DVI). I have all three monitors plugged in, and using my Intel HD Graphics Options, I can switch between 1/2 - 2/3 - 1/3- etc, etc, but I cannot actually get the display to extend across all three monitors.

I've gone into my BIOS and the "Multi-Monitor Support" option in Video doesn't exist, even when I change from AUTO to the Internal Graphics.

Does anyone have any thoughts? - I've gone through the Lenovo Updater and even pulled down the BIOS Flash from Lenovo's website, and as far as I can tell I'm up to date on everything.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 417
Message 13 of 21

What graphics card do you have installed?  If need be, you can use Device Manager to determine that. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
TheBaileyBrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 411
Message 14 of 21

Intel HD Graphics.

Date: 12/11/17

Ver: 10.18.10.4885

Which based on what I've found through Intel's forums supports 3 monitors as well.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 406
Message 15 of 21

The method described here involves the use of a graphics card in conjunction with the built-in Intel graphics.  From the Lenovo doc linked to at the beginning of the thread:

"Unable to configure more than two displays while three or more are attached to the system using a PCI-Express video adapter graphics card and the Intel HD Graphics."

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
smankow
What's DOS?
Views: 280
Message 16 of 21

Just bought a M910 Tower with the integrated video card (i.e. 2 DP and NO HDMI).  It was delivered yesterday with a speaker that was never secured and flops around.  I have a DP to HDMI adapter (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XC4Z2M4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that only works on the top DP port but not the 2nd one.  Tech Support was useless.

Tried using new monitor with mini-DP to DP and worked in both ports; tried the HDMI and it still only worked in the top port.

also, Lenovo told me that if I added a separate graphic card, it would simply disable the integrated card.  Am i missing something?

sorry for the 2 questions late in this thread, but Lenovo tech support and customer service (what an oxymoron) have been of no help.  As a side note, this machine is getting returned, but the same isue existed with a 910SFF that I had back in October that was returned due to the DP and other issues.

thanks,

steve

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 275
Message 17 of 21

I've been told that the M910 internal graphics will work at the same time as a graphics card (GT 720 in this case) with the BIOS settings set per these instructions. 

smankow
What's DOS?
Views: 269
Message 18 of 21

thanks for the quick reply on the graphics card.  Any insight as to why the display ports aren't operating correctly?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 246
Message 19 of 21

@smankow wrote:

thanks for the quick reply on the graphics card.  Any insight as to why the display ports aren't operating correctly?

It's difficult to troubleshoot low-cost DP adapters, because you don't know if the shortcuts in the conversion to reduce cost are the cause, or it if something related to the DP port itself, you do say that mini-DP to DP works.  See the section I have in the "Read First .." pinned thread above. 

smankow
What's DOS?
Views: 220
Message 20 of 21

Bigg Al, went into the settings as described and changed the setting for the IGC from Auto.  Rebooted the system and guess what?  the lower Display Port still won't recognize that there is a monitor plugged in.  When plugging into the top one, you hear the Windows Dings that a device was plugged in/out.  Don't get it when plugging into the lower one.

the bizarre thing is that if I use a newer monitor with mini-DP to DP plugged into either port, it works.

and tech support?  nearly as useless as their customer support.

any other thoughts?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors