09-18-2018

ZA

3 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ThinkCentre M810z has no sound

2018-09-18, 10:03 AM

My ThinkCentre M810z all of a sudden has no sound.  It was working fine yesterday and this morning when i switched it on there was no sound.  I usually live stream radio but there is no sound and there is also no sound when i play videos.  I have checked that the hardware is working properly in device manager.  The drivers are also up to date.  There is however system sounds when i click on the volume button, etc.  What can i do to resolve this problem?

Solved! See the solution
Options

2244 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3308 Signins

40110 Page Views

• Views: 40110
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre M810z has no sound

2018-09-18, 20:32 PM

First try installing this driver: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/DESKTOPS-AND-ALL-IN-ONES/THINKCENTRE-M-SERIES-DESKTOPS/M810Z/downloads/DS120782

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the speakers and restarting the PC. To do that, first search up "Device Manager" in Windows Search. Then open up audio inputs and outputs, and right click on your speaker. Then click uninstall device. 

Let me know if that works.

Best,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelinesbefore posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

09-18-2018

ZA

3 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre M810z has no sound

2018-09-19, 5:40 AM

Thank you for your response.  The problem was not with the machine but with Google Chrome.  It has some compatibility issues.  I am now using Google Chrome Canary and the problem was solved.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save