cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koshmakus
Punch Card
Views: 6,856
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p. After updating the BIOS from 06/30/2017, the system restarts constantly.

Hi,

yesterday I updated new BIOS 9SKT99A to ThinkCentre M92p (motherboard is7xm rev. 1.0). BIOS is taken from the official website of Lenovo.

The update was made using the program "Flash UEFI BIOS update (Flash from operating system version)" - 9sjy99usa.exe from Windows 7 Pro x64.

Now after BIOS update is PC constant rebootThe last picture before rebooting: FW status recovery error. This message hangs 0.5 seconds on the built-in video card, or 2-3 seconds on the external video card (in my case, the NVIDIA GT 730).

Only thing I can do is access BIOS setting or choose boot device thru F12 or F1.

I did:
F9 (reset to default) and CMOS reset - no change, Boot mode UEFI or LEGACY - no change, Boot device (USB/DVD of W7, W8, W10, network boot) - no change, Disconnecting all boot devices - nochange.

I need help.

Thanks,
Dmitriy.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,800
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p. After updating the BIOS from 06/30/2017, the system restarts constantly

Burn a CD with the BIOS ISO, and follow the procedure for recovering from a failed BIOS update in the HMM.   If unsuccessful, do the same with the previous version of BIOS, which is at the very bottom of your system's BIOS download page. 

Edit:  try the older version first, if that works, then do a regular CD ISO update to the latest. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Koshmakus
Punch Card
Views: 6,774
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p. After updating the BIOS from 06/30/2017, the system restarts constantly

Thank you!

HMM is power!

Boot from CD with the BIOS ISO (latest virsion) + CMOS jumper 2-3 solved my problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors