cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukhunzaiq
What's DOS?
Views: 291
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo ThinkCentre M93P (10AB) and Windows 10, 1903, random freezing & locking up

We have a number of these machines at our company and I must say they have performed well over the years under the Windows 7 Pro OS.

As Windows 7 is approaching EOL very soon, we undertook the task of upgrading all of these machines to Windows 10 Pro.

The upgrade (well actually, a complete wipe and install of Windows 10 Pro) process seems to go through without any issues.

However several of our users have begun to complain of random freezes whilst they are working where the whole system locks up (no visible errors on screen). The only way out of this is to perform a reset of the system and login to Windows again. 

I have performed as much diagnostics as possible and scoured the Internet for any possible solutions but have not come across anything yet.

I'm hoping that someone on this forum has experienced somthing similar and if you have then any advice/pointers would be most appreciated.

It seems a bit of a waste in throwing away these machines as they still have some life in them.

Some further machine details - Lenovo M93 (small form factor) - MT-M 10AB 003GMH

Current OS - Windows 10 Pro (v1903)

Thanks for reading.

Mod:  edited Subject line to add feature release number, 1903

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 275
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre M93P (10AB) and Windows 10 random freezing

Hello,

It sounds as if you have done about all you can do to troubleshoot the problem. The bottom line is that 1903 was not built to run on older hardware. The only thing I can suggest is to keep watching the list mentioned here to see if your hardware is added as compatible. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/Lenovo-devices-tested-for-Windows-10-version-1903-May-2019/t...

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

ukhunzaiq
What's DOS?
Views: 263
Message 3 of 5

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
I'll keep an eye on the list as suggested.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 256
Message 4 of 5

Just to give you some additional information.  I'm running a M73, same generation as your M93, with 1809 and it's solid as a rock. 

Both M93 and M73 are on the "Lenovo tested with 1809" list. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
ukhunzaiq
What's DOS?
Views: 253
Message 5 of 5

Thanks BiggAl

I'll give 1809 a try and see how I get on.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors