Did you mean: 
Genymus
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Thinkcenter A60 - L3A9721 - Reset/Recover Bios CMOS

Good day,

I have a problem:

I was editing configurations in the bios but something goes wrong.

Now, the pc, can't power on.

I tryed to follow the procedure [https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht036531] for resetting the bios, but not work.

So I tryed to follow the procedure [https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/migr-45385] for flashing bios (boot block recovery), but also this not work.

In the boot block recovery, I tryed flash from usb but nothing happens so, recovered an old floppy drive, I tryed the floppy method:

Connected floppy drive to the pc, and started it, the pc didn't do anything... the pc sound beeps and then stop, but the led (on floppy drive) not blink, or still on, indicating it's reading something.

Please, can you help me? I not want to trash this machine.

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 107
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Thinkcenter A60 - L3A9721 - Reset/Recover Bios CMOS

This may be an obvious question, but did you try loading the BIOS default settings?  Go into BIOS setup again, along the bottom will be what Function key is to load defaults, save, and exit.  It may take a few tries. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Genymus
Paper Tape
Views: 102
Message 3 of 4

Thank for reply,

but, maybe, I can't explain correctly my situation: when I power on the pc, there is no vital signs... nothing show to monitor and nothing key (pressed on keyboard) seems producing results.

The only graphics adapter is the internal vga, and monitor is connected to its.

It's impossible, for now, enter to bios and edit any configurations.

I hope now I could explain enought my actual situation.

A lot of thanks in every case.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 98
Message 4 of 4

If nothing at all:  no fan, no led; it maybe a power supply failure.  I believe that model is a tower, and those older models used a standard ATX supply. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors