Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crabchurch
What's DOS?
Views: 3,506
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Thinkcentre, 1962: No operating system found

I'm getting this error any time I try to boot the computer up. It seemingly started out of nowhere. When I go into the BIOS menu, the HDD does not show up. However I can get it to show up by changing SATA settings to AHCI mode and changing back to IDE mode. I have to do this every time the computer is booted up and it takes quite a lot of effort.

I've tried new SATA cables and that didn't help. I cloned the HDD to a new HDD and it has the same issue. Any other ideas that could help fix this problem?

crabchurch
What's DOS?
Views: 3,483
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkcentre, 1962: No operating system found

Nevermind I've solved it. Somehow the IDE HDD got excluded from the BIOS startup priority menu. I still don't know how.
_Michael
What's DOS?
Views: 2,972
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkcentre, 1962: No operating system found

I developed the 1962: No operating system found problem on a Thinkcentre (2 months passed 1 year warrenty expiration).

Ran Lenovo complete hardware diagnostics: system passed.

Changed SATA cord to OEM Intel SSD: problem presisted.

Reinstalled Windows 7 Pro from Lenovo supplied recovery media: problem presisted.

Problem did not occur when booted from an anternate HD.

Replace OEM Intel SSD with a Samsung SSD 860 Pro, recoved system using Lenovo rescue backup: PROBLEM FIXED

I wanted to share that despite the fact the OEM Intel SSD passed diagnostic tests, both Lenovo, and Intel diagnostics, the problem was resolved by replacing the solid state hard drive (SSD).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors