cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmashCloud
Punch Card
Views: 1,484
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Thinkcentre M58 & M58p: yes, is compatible with GT 1030 (graphics video upgrade)

Hello, I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre m58p with a GT 710 and I will probably upgrade it to GT 1030 in the future but is the GT 1030 compatible with the m58p?

Mod:  edited Subject line to add solution there

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,439
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is the GT 1030 compatible with Lenovo Thinkcentre M58p?

I'm a huge fan of the GT 1030, but haven't seen any posts here on it and the M58/p.   You may be the first to try it, however the GT 1030 does work with the next gen model, M90/p (and newer), and I haven't seen a case where a GT 730 worked (on systems with PCIe ver. 2.0 -- GT 730 is known to work on M58) and the GT 1030 did not (meaning it has good backward compatibility, unlike AMD graphics cards.)  That doesn't guarantee that it will work, but there's a very high probability.  I hope that helps. 

Edit:  Earlier versions of the M58 and all M57 have PCIe ver 1.1.  I would not recommending using a PCIe 3.0 card (GT 1030) in a 1.1 slot (PCIe 2.0 cards like GT 730 do work in 1.1 slots.).  Check your Intel Chipset specs to see which version is supported. 

Edit 2:  I'm now thinking that all M58 had version 2.0 PCIe. M58 did have 2 generations of Intel processors, but I believe the Chipset stayed the same. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,148
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is the GT 1030 compatible with Lenovo Thinkcentre M58p?

After more Googling, I came across this Youtube, showing a M58/E8400/4GB with a GALAX GT 1030 Exoc White, doing 4K gaming with fps for various games.

4K Gaming on a Core 2 Duo & GT1030

Since the BIOS is the same between a M58 & M58p, the support for after-market graphics cards, like GT 1030, would be the same. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors