cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CPUDelider
Paper Tape
Views: 1,982
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Thinkcentre m92p sff (3227) Makes Beep sound when powered on since I updated the Bios....

Lenovo Thinkcentre m92p sff (3227) makes Beep sound when powered on since I updated the bios to the version: 9sjw99usa.exe.
Also since I replaced the stock lenovo Fans with Noctua fans it makes a second beep (so 2 beep sounds total and there is a fan error in the bios event log), when I connect back the stock fans it makes only 1 beep again. I dont know if the noctua fans would cause the same behaviour on the older bios version since I replaced the fans after the bios update Smiley Sad , but I know that with the old bios version there wasnt any beep on startup with the stock fans.

I read somewhere that lenovos can give errors in the bios event log with other fans when their rpms are slower then the original fans rpm were, that doesnt explain the single beep on start up with the stock fans though.
I wasnt able to find any older bioses for my model to experiment with them on the lenovo support page only the newest bios is offered for download and I wasnt able to find a way to turn of the self test / beep post on start in the bios. I remember that some oem pc systems had key combination for hidden bios settings, does someone know of such a combination to enable hidden settings for my device, or any other way to turn of the annoying beep sounds?

I also replaced the stock PSU  with a Be!Quiet! TFX Power 2 300W Gold + 24 to 14 adapter right after I updated the bios. Bould the first beep on start be because of the new PSU? But how would the System know its not the stock PSU? 

Is it possible that lenovo maybe makes a bios where its possible to turn off beep codes?
Does anyone have any ideas for a solution of the problem? I need the System be very quiet aand the  beeps on start are very annoying tha speaker is soldered to the mainboard so I cant even take it of.

The temps are more then fine by the way since I am  useing a Noctua NH-L9i cooler with the 92 x14 fan replaced to a noctua 92 x25 fan and the i7 3770 I put inside the system is delided Smiley Wink

Highlighted
CPUDelider
Paper Tape
Views: 1,885
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Thinkcentre m92p sff (3227) Makes Beep sound when powered on since I updated the Bios....

I solved the Problem by replacing the Noctua wans with Be!Quiet! fans and by changeing to uefi in bios settings now no beeps/ errors at all at startup.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors