Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeprez
What's DOS?
Views: 2,463
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Thinkcentre m93p Tiny won't turn on

Hi

we use with great pleasure the Lenovo m93p as server in a our environment. They would like a charm. recently we faced a situtation and e wanted the servers to turn on at a specific time. 

We went into BIOS and set the time to turn on the PVC.  We expected that the PC could be turned on manually. It will not turn on at all. 

We took off the CMOS battery to see if it would reset the BIOS settings: Nothing ! The the PC will not turn on... Also no Lenovo screen , nothing 

We must also say that we increased the video memory to 1024 MB AND set up the start time. These settings were saved since then the PC would not turn on....

Would appreciate anything that could help in having the pC turn on or resetting the BIOS to default ...

Thanks in advance

We need to perform somthing alittle more complex .. Will ask after solving this pesky problem

Zeprez

JiriG
What's DOS?
Views: 1,119
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Thinkcentre m93p Tiny won't turn on

I had exactly this problem. After replacing the hard drive, the M93p Tiny would not power on when the power button was pressed. No LED came on and the fan did not spin up. I tried all sorts of things but nothing worked. Finally I took out the CMOS battery for a while and then put it back in again. That did the trick and the computer started. Strangely enough, the BIOS was NOT reset, my custom settings and BIOS password were preserved (!). The computer now works normally again...

Jiri.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors