Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris872
Paper Tape
Views: 678
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo m83 Tower Ram upgrade question

Hi, i'm about to buy  pc and i found a lenovo m83 with pentium hasswell witch i like, but i also have a question regarding sistem ram

On the official lenovo product page, it says that this lenovo m83 comes with udimm ram modules, so my question is if i can put "normal" ddr3 dimm memory or it only works with udimm ones? If so, it's bad, because udimm ram is kind of expansive in my country (double/triple when compared with normal ddr3 ones). The internet didin't really answered my question, so i hope that some m83 owner faced the same question and found an answer to it.

Some internet users said that CL9 DDR3 ram should work with the sistem (not with udimm ram, sadly Smiley Sad ), but if someone has an answer based in previous experience with lenovo pc's or similar/the same product i'll be grateful

This sistem fits my today needs ( my pc kind of broke, and i was overdue for an upgrade anyway), but in time i want to change my psu, add a graphic card and put more ram (it only comes with 4 gigs). Regarding the video card and psu lenovo forums provided me with solutions already (other users faced the same problems and those discussions had solution), and now i only have the ram uncertainty.

Thank you for your time and i appreciate your answers.

I'll upload some pictures of the particular model, so it will be easily recognized by you

Also, this is the official lenovo link:

http://www.lenovo.com/shop/emea/content/pdf/ThinkCentre/MSeries/2013/M83_DS_EN.pdf

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 630
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo m83 Tower Ram upgrade question

I suggest you price the Kingston and Crucial memory for where you are:

If you do not wish to buy memory from Lenovo, both Kingston and Crucial have 'System Specific' memory for your system that is OEM equivalent and guaranteed compatible. Memory timings must match what the BIOS expects for the system to recognize it, generic memory sometimes doesn't work. Some older system types (eg. models of M58), require a BIOS update to support 4 GB modules.

Use your system's Hardware Maintenance Manual for instructions on how to upgrade the memory. After making any memory change, run 2 passes of MemTest86 to ensure all is well.

Chris872
Paper Tape
Views: 604
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo m83 Tower Ram upgrade question

Thank you, i did, but the only one found available in europe we're crucial memories in uk, in france or germany being sold out. The uk version is still very expansive when compared with other DDR3 models, but i actually found something, such as a list of kingston memories that should work in lenovo m83.. Since the stores have empty stocks of those, i guess that i should pay attention to second hand market, maybe i'll find one. Thank you for your answer, it's been helpful. Also, if anyone else have a personal experience with this, is free to answer, i'm looking forward to every opinion regarding this. Cheers.

Top Kudoed Authors