02-07-2016 09:54 AM
Hi guys; i have 2 Lenovo thinkcenter M 71 series with Ati 6450 card and i run win 10 .
one of the runs great without issues,and the other one runs fine but it wont shutt down when i click shutdown ,the monitor turns off but tower light and fan keeps running,the only way to turn off completly is to press power buttom on the machine,.but it only happens with win 10, with Ubuntu installed it shutts of right.
I've downloaded lenovo test tool ,and tested hardware and came up with everything ok.
i hate to go back to linux,i would apreciat your help, thanks in advance.
02-09-2016 02:22 PM
Is your system supported for Win 10 ?
"one of the runs great without issues,and the other one runs fine but it wont shutt down when i click shutdown" - talk about consistency lol
IS there any difference regarding settings for both M71 (BIOS and WIndows)?
Disclaimer: I am not Lenovo employee. While I do work for Lenovo Partner, all my contributions are my personal, non-official and not that of Lenovo or my employer.
02-22-2016 05:58 AM - edited 02-22-2016 06:20 AM
Refer to this post by NICOLAT on the Microsoft Community website:
1. Boot from the Windows 10 install media
2. After booting to the UEFI device you see the Install Windows 10 screen, press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt.
3. Type Diskpart, press Enter
4. Type List Disk , press Enter
5. Type Select Disk # (where # is the number your drive shows up as), press Enter
6. Type Clean, press Enter
7. Type Convert GPT, press Enter
8. Type Exit, press Enter.
9. Close the Command Prompt window.
10. Click the "Next" button.
11. Click the "Install now" button