Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 6,593
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo users with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update issues

It has come to my attention that Windows 10 FCU (version 1709) issues may stem from an incompatibility with some machines.  If you are running 1703 and it is stable, then pause feature updates in the Settings/Update & Security/Windows Update/Advanced Options selection.  This is only a temporary pause of about a week, but you can edit the registry for a permanent block.  See MSFT support for this option.  I don't want to give out instructions because I do not want to be responsible for someone screwing up their registry, but it involves deleting the NoAutoUpdate entry.  Then wait for Lenovo to update your system to be compatible with this new  1709 Update.

Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 6,592
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo users with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update issues

If you have updated to 1709 and have issues, you can roll back to 1703 by using the Recovery option.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,574
Message 3 of 7

There is no single solution that can be applied to every problem, but updated device drivers will usually fix most of the the problems with 1709, and should be tried first before rolling back OS versions and resorting to registry hacks.     

Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 6,538
Message 4 of 7

Screwing around trying to find the problem driver(s) is a waste of time.  If you have a stable version that runs, I say the smart choice is to roll back to the working version.   And as to registry hacks, I only suggested that for those who  want to stop automatic updates pushed by MSFT and said to contact MSFT for that support.  Come on... why haggle with my suggestion?  You just like to hear yourself argue?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,536
Message 5 of 7

If you cannot deal with differing opitions on how to troubleshoot issues and feel the urge to resort to insults, then perhaps this is not the proper forum for you.    

Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 6,491
Message 6 of 7

JDGillis:  I am sorry if I offended you.  Perhaps you shouldn't be so sensitive.

rr1381
Paper Tape
Views: 6,404
Message 7 of 7

Windows 10 Creator is incompatible with the TC M82 CPU and various monitors.  Does anyone know if Lenovo is going to fix this?  I have not seen any alerts, notifications, etc.  Seems like Lenovo is a bit behind the curve on this one.  I hope someone at Lenovo reads this forum and can get back to us ASAP.  It is a real frustration.  If there is no fix in sight the only option is to be satisfied with older updates from both MS and Lenovo or to go to a different brand.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors